This 90 minute class is ideal for students who wish to repeat and review the syllabus of Introduction to Asana in a faster paced setting.
- New students: save time by completing the registration form in advance.
- Come 15 minutes early to class.
- You may sign-up for the entire semester and receive a discount, or attend on a drop-in basis.
- Wear a t-shirt and shorts or tights, be prepared to have bare feet, and come with an empty stomach.
- Please do not wear perfume or scented deodorant products. (Thank You!)
- YICU provides all necessary mats, bolsters, blankets, and any props for class.
Fee: Asana Class Fee
This 90-minute class is ideal for students who wish to repeat and review the syllabus of Introduction to Asana in a faster paced setting. Poses are held longer, and a greater variety of postures are introduced, including the “baby” backward bending postures. Having learned to sit at the end of each class in Introduction to Asana, Experienced Beginners start class in a quiet seated posture, chanting “Om” and the invocation to Patanjali. Most students claim this is their favorite part of class. The syllabus is at the discretion of the teacher who evaluates the capacity of the class in front of him/her.
Expect an emphasis on standing poses the first week, forward bends the second, backbends the third, and every fourth week of the course, a restorative class with pranayama (breathing exercises) instruction. This four-week cycle repeats itself.